Monday, October 12, 2009

Chapter 82 Maria Takes Charge

It was the April-May break. Logan and Conrad would get back from their tour with Lady Gaga and Miss Nana any day now.

Maria and Miley were outside in Maria's backyard, training for the climb and discussing important matters.

“I can't believe how much has happened, in just one year,” Maria said.

“I know. It's amazing, and I've been here for like, half of it,” Miley agreed.

For exercise, the two were skipping in large circles around the yard. Maria suddenly realized how familiar this seemed, and had to suppress a giggle.

“Poor Vicky,” Miley broke the silence.

Maria thought for a little.

“I bet Sara knows the answer to this entire mystery. I just wish I could contact her,” Maria said.

“Isn't she with Gargillya?” Miley asked.

“Yes, but Gargillya took her somewhere up in Canada to hide. I'm sure they'll come for a visit or something soon, but I don't think we have any time to waste at all.”

“She doesn't have anyone she would confide her secrets to? Any family? Boyfriend? A BFF?!”

“No... wait a second!” Maria said. “Yeah, I think she does. Justin Tinkleheart, some guy who works at Apple. He would help her understand her lap top. She would talk about him like every day. If anybody knows the secret, it's him.”

“Excellent,” Miley said. “We really might be able to stop this. I guess we're off to Apple.”

“Apple,” Maria said. “That reminds me. If something bad happened to Vicky, shouldn't we try to protect Sonya?”

“Huh?” Miley asked.

“Sonya might try to do something stupid to save her sister, or she might be the next target. Either way, I think it would be best if you went over there to protect her.”

“But what about you? You might need me more that Sonya does.”

“It's ok. I'll be fine,” Maria instantly tried to seem like she wasn't worried.

Miley gave her a stern look.

“Trust me!”

Maria hurried through Trenton, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

The reason she wasn't in her plane was because she would be easily spotted and followed from the sky. She needed to be as sneaky as possible.

Maria arrived at Apple, and hurried inside.

“JUSTIN TINKLEHEART!” Maria called.

An incredibly tall guy quickly ran up to her.

“Um... hi?” Justin asked.

“Oh hay,” Maria said, and then glanced at the receptionist. “Um, can we talk in your office?”

“Why...?” Justin asked.

“Um, no reason,” Maria lied.

After another curious glance, Justin led Maria into his private office.

Maria sat down at a table in the middle of the room. Justin sat down opposite of her.

“What's wrong?” he asked nervously. “Who are you?!”

“Do you know Sara Smilehappygirl?”

“Yeah...,” Justin replied.

“Umm... this is going to sound weird. Really weird. But I need you to tell me almost everything that Sara told you. It could be very important.”

Justin's eyes narrowed.

“Why would it be important? And why should I tell you anything? I don't even know who you are!”

“I'm Maria Flakk, Sara's roommate and best friend. And you should tell me everything because... it could save Sara's life.”

Justin's eyes grew wide.

“She's in trouble?!” he cried.

Maria looked around nervously.

“Shh! Don't freak out yet! I just really need to know anything weird that Sara might have said to you. Like, fast.”

“OK! OK!” Justin said. “It's just that... I feel like I would be betraying her...”

“You wouldn't!” Maria said. “In fact, you would be helping her, a lot.”

Justin gulped.

“Are... are you sure?”

“Positive.”

“Umm... ok. I will.”

Maria listened intently, doing her best to follow along the complicated story.

“So, in the end, it all comes down to this guy named Ryan, and their third break up. I really don't know anything else.”

Maria sat, deep in thought.

“That... makes sense,” she finally said.

“What?” Justin asked.

“Thank you SO much,” Maria said. “I would explain all of this, but there's really no time. No time at all, in fact. AND I still have one more person to interrogate!”

No comments:

Post a Comment