Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chapter 2 - Secret Sibling

“Logan, you have a sister,” Alexis Grace said.

Logan stopped walking mid step.

He should have known something like this would be coming. It was typical Alexis Grace. She always revealed shocking secrets to Logan in small doses, and she hadn't told him anything life changing in a while.

“What's her name?” Logan asked.

“LUKAS SHANAYNAY!” Alex Grace screamed.

The 2 ran down the stairs, covered in pins encouraging citizens to 'VOAT 4 GUGBUB!!!!!!!11!11one!!'

“What?! We're in the middle of campaigning!!!!!!!” Lukas screamed.

Logan and Alexis Grace regarded them silently.

“We have a sister,” Logan said. “By the way you spelled Gubgub wrong.”

“PAN-PAN, COME IN HERE!” Alexis Grace demanded.

A little boy walked in.

“Mother, you've forgotten my gender. Again,” Pan-pan reminded her impatiently. “Plus, can you please not call me Pan-pan and call me Levi? It's the name that the leaders of the orphanage gave me.”

“Can we leave now?” Shanaynay demanded impatiently.

“SHUT UP SHANAYNYAY NO ONE LIKES YOU!” Alexis Grace screamed. Shanaynay hung her head. Alexis Grace turned back to Levi. “Now, Levi, tell your new siblings where you have been for the past 11 years.”

“At the adoption center,” Levi replied.

“And why were you at the adoption center?” Alexis Grace pressed.

“Because I ran away from home when I was three weeks old,” Levi answered.

“AHA!” Alexis Grace gasped. “Finally, after all these years, the truth comes out!”

“The truth came out 11 years ago when I told you I was running away via signal fire!”

Alexis Grace slapped him.

“Don't ruin my sunshine boy!” she cried.

She exited. Lukas nervously approached him.

“Hay Pan-pan,” he said cautiously. “Would you like to help us make some political pins for our pet fish?”

Levi looked around, pretending he had never heard him.

“Welcome to the family, I guess,” Logan said. “You can sleep down the hall to the left.”

“Why thank you very much sir,” Levi said.

At midnight Alexis Grace was on the telephone whispering.

“Yes... I do agree that Urgency is the best candidate for the job. But I don't care if he loses. I'm on PAROLE!”

“Alexis Grace get off the phone you're running the bill!” Logan snapped.

Alexis Grace jumped. She hadn't noticed him.

“Gtg bai!” she said and crushed the phone with her teeth.

She turned around to face Logan.

“Care to explain?” he demanded.

“Um I crushed the phone because you surprised me,” she stammered.

“That doesn't make sense! Who were you on the phone with at midnight? Are you planning another crime?” Logan demanded.

Alexis Grace gasped. She looked around nervously, then silently leaped out the window instead of answering.

Logan looked out the window just in time to see hummingbirds carrying her away into the night.

Walking back to the hallway, he checked the caller ID.

What was Alexis Grace doing?

And why was she on the phone with... Conrad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment