Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chapter 3 - Mystery Freckles

Conrad arrived home and crawled down the ladder into his strange underground home. Why he and his cat mother decided to live under the ground, he had no clue. He had a sickly feeling it had something to do with Freckles' mysterious criminal past.

“FRECKLES!” Conrad screamed down the dimly lit hallway. “I'M HOME FOR THE SUMMER! HURRAY!”

“CRAP” was Freckles' response.

Ignoring her, Conrad silently entered his bed room – and screamed.

Freckles really took the mayor campaign to heart. She had even taken the liberty of redecorating his room to an inviting but rather creepy Pippy Urgency theme. His bed sheets had a picture of Urgency's smiling face on them. Urgency curtains were draped over the windows. A huge, creepy blanket with his face on it was draped over his recording studio, where he sang exclusive Stacie songs.

Conrad stood in the doorway, breathing heavily.

“FRECKLES!” he roared. “NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU GO INTO MY ROOM AND CHANGE MY FURNITURE. I'M BUYING A SECURITY CAMERA WHERE I CAN WATCH WHAT'S GOING ON INSIDE WHEN I'M NOT IN IT!! THAT'LL SHOW YOU!!”

Conrad stopped breathing when he noticed a pile of poop on his bed.

He pounded down the stairs.

“SHUT UP!” Freckles screamed.

“I need you to respect my property,” Conrad growled the second he found Freckles in the living room.

“I'm your MOTHER,” Freckles reminded him.

“No! In fact, I'm pretty sure you stole me from the orphanage when I was just a child,” Conrad replied.

“Did noottt,” Freckles whined.

“Whatever,” Conrad snapped. “Anyway, you're taking this mayor campaign way too seriously. You're creeping the neighborhood out.”

“You know how obsessive I can get,” Freckles replied. “And if you can't accept me for who I am then I guess I have to send you back to the orphanage.”

“AHA!” Conrad screamed.

“Shut up!” Freckles snapped, smacking him with her tail.

“CHANGE MY ROOM BACK AND CLEAN YOUR POOP,” Conrad demanded.

“NO!” Freckles roared.

The two stared at each other breathing heavily.

“You,” Conrad spoke furiously, “are a mystery.”

“And YOU have just doomed the other candidates to a horrible, scary fate.”

“You better not do anything to Edna Fletcher, Gubgub, or Professor Gaga!” Conrad gasped.

“Watch me!” Freckles cried. With the speed of a jaguar, Freckles sprinted down the hallway and over to the telephone. Conrad raced after her, knocking over an expensive china tea set.

“Hello, Alexis Grace!” Freckles spoke happily into the phone.

“Alexis Grace?! WHY DID YOU CALL LOGAN'S MOTHER?!”

“I have a mission for you,” Freckles said. “I need you and your crew to assassinate the following beings: Professor Gaga, Edna Fletcher, and Gubgub.”

“NOOOO!” Conrad screamed. “I'm sorry I yelled at you Freckles! But no matter what happens, you DON'T murder people!”

“I don't care about your parole! Just don't get caught!” Freckles snapped at the phone.

There was a short moment of silence.

“Hello?” Freckles asked. “Hello?”

She smashed the phone with her tail.

“... Why?” Conrad asked sadly.

“So the government can't track me,” Freckles cackled. “Say goodbye to Lady Gaga, cause she's never makin' a song again.”

Conrad stared at terrified for a couple of seconds. He then took off sprinting into the dark night, heading for Logan's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment