Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chapter 6 - Also That Very Same Night...

“I miss you,” Dante's voice said over Maria's cell phone.

Maria's face turned red and she cackled proudly. “I miss you too.”

“Whatcha doin'?”

“EW OMG I HAVE A FREAKING JOB THAT I'M AT NOW! I KNOW RIGHT!”

“Huh?”

“I have to babysit Edna Fletcher's freaking 18 month old baby. It's name is like Sheba.”

“Wow.”

“OH MY GOD IT STOOD UP AND PUKED WTF!!!”

“Clean it!”

“Wtf why can't you?!” Maria demanded.

“Because it's your job.”

“Nah. I think I'm just gonna leave it there and pretend I didn't notice it.”

“Lol.”

“Haha listen. I have to go I'm hungry. I guess the baby is too, it must be puking to tell me that.”

“Okkk? Bai.”

“Baiiii.” Maria hung up.

“MILEY COME FEED THIS BABY!” Maria screamed, then remembered that while she was at her summer tour, Miley was shot in the left bossum and was rushed to the hospital. Maria swore.

“A tragedy beyond epic proportions,” she said to herself. “Looks like I have to feed Sheba by myself.”

Maria went to the kitchen, got a can of tuna, and dropped it in Sheba's crib.

“There. Don't ask for more.”

Half an hour later, the baby started to cry, and a horrible smell reached Maria's nose.

“OH MY GOD!” she roared. “THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST NIGHT OF MY FREAKIN LIFE! FFFFFRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAKKKKIIIIIINNN - “ she passed out on the couch because she screamed too much and forgot to breathe.

Later she was awoken by a huge crash and the baby's sobs.

“OH. MY. GOD. SOMEONE COME HERE AND FIX IT CAUSE I QUIT!”

She opened her eyes.

Gasp!

Across the living room... there was no longer a wall. She could clearly see the dark street outside.

Stupefied, she raced over to the baby's crib. Someone dressed entirely in black was standing over it. She was holding Sheba.

“OK!” Maria snapped. “What the @!^!@#$^# are you doing here I would like to know!”

“Saving the town!” a familiar voice replied.

Maria gasped.

“Alexis Grace?!”

The person smiled.

“I can't let you take the baby though,” Maria said. “I need ta babysit it for money.”

Maria reached out for the baby. Alexis Grace moved it out of her reach.

“OH MY GOD I HATE YOU!” Maria screamed.

“Sorry hon,” Alexis Grace replied. Pink fairy wings extracted from her back. She cackled maniacally and flew out of the gaping hole where the wall used to be. Sheba laughed, learning her first lesson in evil.

“Good child!” Alexis Grace pat it on the head.

“Get BACK here!” Maria demanded, looking out the house at her.

“NO!”

Maria sighed angrily. She sat on her butt, stuck her legs outside the house, and dropped down off of the second floor and onto the ground silently. There was a staircase a few feet over that she didn't notice.

“Owe!”

She stood up. There was a group of woman loitering outside the door blocking it.

“There she is!” one of them said, and hurried over to her.

“Jolene?!” Maria asked upon recognizing Alexis Grace's best friend. “What are you doing here?! Who are those woman?”

“Along with Alexis Grace, we be the Disaster Berries!” Jolene said powerfully. “A group of towering malfactors ready to flip this town upside down! The WRONG way. We're the CREW!”

Maria nodded.

“The Disaster Berries are composed of five woman; me, Alexis Grace, Rough Kimmy, Dirty Diana, and Kitty, the Avenger.”

Diana, Kimmy, and Kitty walked over to join them.

“You mess with out plan tonight,” Jolene said, “and we're going to lock you in a lava chamber filled with snakes.”

Maria nodded.

“Good,” Jolene said. “Now go home, make some chips, and pretend this never happened to you.

“I... I don't know how to make chips,” Maria stuttered.

Jolene stared at her silently. She then pretended to pounce. Maria scrambled away down the street screaming. The Disaster Berries burst out laughing.

“Good work girls,” Jolene said. “Good work indeed. Now for the next stop – the fire...”

No comments:

Post a Comment