Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 45 Freckles or Pebbles??

While Conrad was sleeping on the one hundred twenty-seventh floor of ‘The Queens of Persia’, a messenger pigeon tapped on the window.

Finally, Conrad woke up.

“WHAT??! HAYHAY!” Conrad yelled at the pigeon, awakening Vito and George.

He got up, opened the window, and claimed the message from the pigeon’s claws.

It read:

“Dear baby,

Yes, it has occurred.

I was finally busted for robbing the White House every day for the past 37 years. If you ever find a way to contact me (which I doubt you ever will) please call me not by my old name (Freckles) but by my new assumed identity, Pebbles.

In the meantime, I have left you in the care of a curious woman named Gargillya. She will pick you up for Christmas break right in the parking lot.

You won’t be able to miss her, hon.

Anyway, do not try to find me. It might tip THEM off.

If not you mother,

your friend.

-Pebbles”

The letter dropped to the floor.

Conrad raced through the hotel, sobbing.

He ran outside in the cold rain, and screamed,” WHERE ARE YOU, FRECKLES?!?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment