Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 50 Lie

So far, Vicky’s Christmas break was much more enjoyable than the pod’s. Sara was going over to her house, only for today, the perfect way to kick off the break.

“Hay Sonya,” Vicky and Sara said.

“Oh hay,” Sonya said. “Vicky, one of your teachers is talking to mom. You’re in trouble!”

“Which - “

It was then that Mrs. Apple and Vicky’s chorus teacher Mr. Conelly entered.

“Hello, Vicky,” Conelly said.

Vicky didn’t say anything.

“Conelly thinks that you would be great in Select Choir, Vicky. it’s a great honor,” Mrs. Apple said.

Vicky’s brain was malfunctioning.

“No,” she thought. “I can’t do this. Lie lie lie.”

“Um I can’t I’ll be busy finding dragons,” Vicky said quickly.

“Oh boqay,” Conelly said and left.

Vicky held her breath as he passed.

“And then. . .,” Sara sobbed.

Yes. Sara Smilehappygirl was crying once again.

“Don’t say anything,” Vicky thought desperately. “If I have to, lie lie lie.”

“Isn’t that horrible??” Sara screamed.

“No, I mean yes. I mean its in the middle--- oh hay,” Vicky said quickly.

“Yes. It is horrible,” Sara answered.

Vicky’s vacation was quickly going downhill. First, her least favorite teacher showed up at her house and almost touched her. Now, Sara was back to her depressing state.

“Then Lovely told me - “Sara continued.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Vicky roared. “Let’s go watch for Santa!”

“It’s just the 19th,” Sonya said.

“Watch it,” Vicky hissed.

“Please!” Sara cried. “I need order!”

“NO!” Vicky finally snapped. “Please, just stop complaining about Ryan and Dante! Yes, you are an unfortunate little girl. I feel bad for you! But I have things to complain about too, you know! Just. . . Just get out of here! Go, enjoy your break.”

Sara got up.

“Fine!” she yelled. “I’ll go enjoy my break! Who needs you, Victoria Joe Apple?!”

And just like that, Sara leaped out of the window and out of Vicky’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment