Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 48 Oh Hay

The hallways were completely empty, because it was still class. Sara took Lovely throughout the entire building, discovering places in the school she didn’t even know existed.

Finally, she felt an overwhelming wave of sadness crash over her and decided to stop in the girl’s bathroom, the one with the Fountain of Time and the boiling pot of tea.

She shut herself in a stall so no one could see her crying.

After half an hour, she heard footsteps from someone walking near where she was, and tried to stop crying.

Too late.

“Hello?” a familiar voice called.

Dante.

Sara quickly tried to shut up, because Dante didn’t know exactly why she was sad.

“Sara? Is that you?” Dante called.

“Go away!” Sara snapped. “Can’t you see there’s nothing in here besides me and my crap?!”

“Sara, what’s wrong?” Dante asked.

Silence.

“Come on, you can tell me,” Dante said. “We’re related.”

“No we’re not!” Sara said.

“Oh. Oh yeah,” Dante said.

Sara smiled and emerged from the stall.

“Oh hay.”

“Hay,” Dante said.

“Oh my God Dante, what the heck are you doing in the girl’s bathroom??” Sara cried,

“Well, I was getting a cup of tea,” Dante gestured to tea pot,” but then I heard you crying.”

“Oh.”

“You still didn’t tell me why you were crying.”

“Well,” Sara said, walking over to the Fountain of Time to wash her hands. “Various things, um. . . Went wrong.”

“Like what?” Dante asked, following her to the sink.

“Oh, you know. A lot of things,” Sara answered.

Dante sighed.

“Fine,” he said. “Anyway, thanks for the chat, but I have to get back to class, and-”

“Wait!” Sara said. “I have something to tell you.”

She took a deep breath.

“It’s just that, umm. . .”
To Dante, it seemed like she changed what she was going to say in mid-sentence.

“Umm. . . I eat food.”

“Oh. Boqay,” Dante replied, a little confused. He emptied his tea cup and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment