Monday, June 22, 2009

Chapter 49 Gargillya

“Hay can I come over to your house for the break? Lukas and shanaynay took the hair straightner to the car wash a week ago and never came back,” Logan asked Conrad in Noriega’s class.

“Um I was about to ask you the same thing. Freck - I mean Pebbles had to flee the country, and left me in the care of some stranger named Gargillya!” Conrad said.

“Ew Gargillya!? She’s the village werewolf!” Maria cried.

“What you know her??” Conrad asked.

“Ya. She used to live outside my house and scratch the windows at night. Every full moon, she would morph into a ferocious, hairy beast and stalks my kittens,” Maria replied.

“Oh. That’s just grand,” Conrad groaned.

“You know what? I think I’ll ask Maria for a ride in her plane instead,” Logan said.

“Nope,” Maria said. “I cannot drive it under state laws, ever since Dante smashed the window.”

“Ugh!” Logan cried. “Looks like we’re all stuck with the werewolf.”

“She’s not THAT mean,” Maria tried to tell them. “when she’s fattening you up for dinndinn.”

Maria, Conrad, and Logan met up outside the Academy.

“the werewolf usually drives a - “ Maria began.

Suddenly, it was as though the air around them exploded with fart. Conrad covered his ears from the loudness.

“… a very loud and clunky - “ Maria tried to continue.

A flying hut with dragon wings sticking out of the walls came soaring into sight, backfiring loudly.

“Eee hee hehe!” a voice from inside cackled.

“Oh God,” Conrad whispered.

The hut swooped down, scooped the pod up, and continued its flight without stopping.

In less than a second, Logan found himself gazing around a quaint and normal room that was missing half the floor.

“Oh boqay,” he muttered.

“Hay. I’m Gargillya,” a creepy old woman with frizzy hair said from a story above. “Normally, I would come down to smell your faces, but I have a hut to drive, see?”

“Oh hay I’m Conrad your new foster child,” Conrad said nervously.

The hut backfired loudly again, causing a book case to fly open. An old woman, tied up and gagged, rolled out onto the floor.

“oh pay no attention to her. She’s my grandmother,” Gargillya called down.

“Um please drop me off. Now,” Logan pleaded. They were directly over his house, and he could see Lukas, Shanaynay, and Alexis Grace smiling up at him from the driveway.

“NOW!!” Logan roared to Gargillya.

“Can’t!” Gargillya replied. “There’s no stopping this hut!”

“But YOU control it!” Logan cried.

Gargillya didn’t reply.

“Great!” Maria snapped. “I’m going to spend Christmas break flying around the world in a hut with a crazed werewolf.”

“We can probably escape if we’re lucky,” Conrad whispered.

The 3 peered over the edge. The east coast was far behind them, and all they could see was the Atlantic ocean.

“Oh never mind,” Conrad sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment