Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chapter 36 - The Basement

As soon as Conrad found Logan and Maria early the next day, he told them what he had heard in Sonya’s creepy apple room.
“Oh my God, wow,” Maria said.
“Sounds shifty!” Logan said.
“Maria, isn’t your locker in the basement or something?” Conrad asked.
“Um yeah I guess,” Maria said.
“Is it big enough for 3 people to crawl into and hide inside?” Conrad asked.
“I think so,” Maria giggled.
“Boqay. Let’s go try!” Logan suggested.
*One lengthy trip later*
Logan crawled into the confines of Maria’s locker.
“Ew. Maria, I found a meatball!” Logan cried.
“Oh my God that’s NOT mine!” Maria said.
“Geez, this locker is HUGE!” Logan said. He finally reached the end.
“Boqay. I’ve reached the back,” Logan said.
Conrad crawled in the locker, carefully balancing an entire china tea set on his back.
After him came Maria.
The 3 fit in comfortably.
“I think we should host our own TV show down here!” Conrad said.
“Yeah!” Maria agreed.
“Move. I’m claustrophobic and need to pee intensely,” Logan pleaded.
Maria tried to scoot out of her locker, but Ashley, who just happened to be jogging through the basement, accidentally kicked the locker shut.
“NO!” Logan screamed, causing Ashley to jump in fear and run squealing out of the basement.
“Boqay,” Conrad said. “Boqay. We will just ask the next person who comes by to set us free.”
But no one ever came.
D:
“Hay where’s the pod?” Sara asked Alex.
“I don’t even know,” Alex said.
“I think I accidentally locked them in the basement. . .,” Ashley said nervously, but no one noticed.
Sara sat down.
Vicky tapped her shoulder.
“Hay wanna help me commit a grand theft later boqay?” Vicky asked.
“FINE!” Sara screamed.
“We’re going to steal the Supul orb,” Vicky explained.
“WHAT??” Sara shouted.
“Keep it down!” Vicky cried. “It’s for a good reason, anyway.”
“What reason?” Sara asked.
“Oh, you know,” Vicky said mysteriously.
“Ohhh,” Sara replied.
Vicky found Sara smearing her face with black mascara when she arrived at the dorm.
“Why??” Vicky asked.
“It’s to blend in with the shadows!!” Sara explained.
“Take it off,” Vicky ordered. “We’re trying to NOT attract attention!”
After Sara’s face went through a good scrubbing, the two set out of their dorm very quietly.
To save the WORLD!!
“I can’t see!”
“It’s too dark!”
“Hold my hand!”
There was an enormous crash, and then silence. Then, a voice whispered, “Sara? Sara?”
“Ssh,” Maria whispered. “It’s Vicky! She’s come!”
She tried to peer through her locker wall, until she realized she couldn’t see through solid matter.
“Curse you, physics!” Maria said.
Outside, Vicky had located Sara in the darkness.
“Thanks,” Sara sighed.
“Dante’s locker is #Google Multiplex. That’s 100 zeros,” Vicky said.
“Right here,” Sara pointed to a locker completely covered in zeros.
“Oh,” Vicky said. “Shall I pry it open with my teeth?”
With no warning, the locker flew open, revealing Dante hanging upside down inside of it, clutching the Supul Orb.
“Why hellooooooo there, looooo - wait, you’re not Maria! Funny, I thought I felt her heartbeat,” Dante said, and went to close the locker door.
“WAIT, FOOL!” Vicky shrieked. “Why are you hanging in there?!”
“This is where I sleep!” Dante said, as though it was obvious.
“Whateva. Gimme the Orb!” Vicky demanded.
“What?” Dante asked sleepily.
“Orb, please,” Vicky repeated.
“What about it?” Dante asked.
“I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR INTERVIEWS!” Vicky shrieked.
“Dante’s funny,” Sara giggled.
“Give me one good reason I should give you this orb,” Dante challenged Vicky.
“Umm. . . Maybe later,” Vicky said.
“Why?” Dante asked.
“Hay, Dante,” Sara waved.
“Hay,” Dante said.
Just then, someone else entered the basement. Vicky, Sara, and Dante screamed.
“What is going on our there?” Conrad whispered.
“Idk physics?” Maria said.
“Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunger,” Logan moaned, clawing at the wall.
Vito screamed when he saw everyone screaming.
“Oh hay guys I just came down here to get my satchel.”
Vito grabbed his bag and left.
“Boqay, anyway - “
The wall behind them collapsed. A figure stepped into sight, cackling evilly.
“YES! I HAVE FOUND THE BASEMENT!”
The dust died down, revealing Katie, the stupid mean girl who blocked Vicky’s locker oftenly.
“KATIE?” Vicky cried.
Katie gasped.
“I did know there was a staircase, and I wasn’t after the Supul Orb!” Katie gasped.
“Oh,” Dante replied.
“This is WEIRD!” Sara screamed. “Can we start over??”
“Why are you HERE?” Vicky asked Katie.
“I JUST said!” Katie exclaimed.
“Why does Vicky want the Orb?” Dante asked.
“I collect enchanted artifacts,” Vicky replied nervously.
Just then, a locker burst open. Maria, Conrad, and Logan jumped out.
“FREEZE, orb thief Vicky!” Conrad screamed.
“How long were you IN THERE??” Katie gasped.
“Not important!” Maria said.
“We know what Vicky is up to!” Logan cried. “NOBODY MOVE!”
“Boqay. What AM I up to?” Vicky asked.
“Um stealing the Orb I think,” Maria answered.
“Well duh,” Vicky said.
“I wanna know what SHE is doing here,” Dante said, pointing at Katie. “Who is she, first of all??”
“Uhh. . . My name is Katie, and I like to dig,” Katie said.
“Get real!” Dante demanded.
“FINE! I heard that the Supul orb was kept down here, and when I get Supul, peanuts shoot out of my head, and I never wanted that to happen again because its embarrassing. HAPPY??” Katie explained.
“Yes,” Maria said.
“May we leave?” Conrad asked.
“No!” Dante cried. “What occurred tonight must never be repeated.”
“Why?” Vicky asked.
“Because I am supposed to protect this Orb, and this publicity may be bad for it,” Dante replied.
“Whateva,” Logan said.
There was a moment of silence. One by one, they left. Dante closed his locker, and counted sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment