Friday, May 15, 2009

Chapter 4 - Annoyance

“V I C K Y! V I C K Y, W A K E U P!” Sonya screamed.
In her bed, Vicky sat upright.
“T A K E T H A T A P P L E A W A Y F R OM M E!” Vicky cried, still half asleep.
“Got no apples. I just felt like annoying you,” Sonya, Vicky’s little sister, giggled.
“G R R !” Vicky screamed, reaching for Sonya. She quickly darted out of the room.
Sighing angrily, Vicky got out of bed.
Her cell phone began to vibrate.
(Elsewhere)
“R - Ryan. . . Why?” Sara asked, tears streaming down her face.
“I don’t ever want to talk to you again, Sara. It’s just. . . Better this way. Sorry,” Ryan said.
With that, Ryan hung up.
Sara spent the next 10 minutes sobbing violently. Then, she picked up her phone. . .
“What?” Vicky answered.
“V I C K Y !” Sara’s voice cried. Then, without pausing for breath, Sara launched into the story.
“And. . . Then he just leaves, without any explanation,” Sara’s shaky voice finished.
Vicky looked at the clock. 7:48.
“Sara, we’ll talk about this at the Academy. I have to get ready,” Vicky shut her phone.
7 minutes later, Vicky rocketed down the stairs. Sonya was already there, munching on an apple.
It was 7:56.
“Can’t talk Sonya, the bus will be here in 4 minutes!” Vicky explained, blasting across the room and gathering her things.
The bus was 2 minutes early, as though it had missed a stop earlier. It pulled outside of her house.
“Bye Sonya!” Vicky cried, racing out of the door.
“Wait! You didn’t have breakfast!” Sonya cried, and threw the apple at Vicky.
The apple hit Vicky’s cheek, where it stuck.
“I T B U R N S!! I I I I T B U U U U R N S!” Vicky screamed. She slapped the apple off of her cheek, toppling onto the floor. There was a scorch mark on her cheek.
Vicky was allergic to apples. Very allergic. It was one of her top 3 fears, along with Sonya and -
“I M S O S O R R Y !” Sonya screamed, racing over to her.
Yep, Sonya was definitely the second greatest fear.
“I,” Vicky growled, “H A T E you.”
And then she turned around just in time to see the bus driving away.

No comments:

Post a Comment