Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chapter 56 My Treaty With Katie :)

(Hours later)
“It would seem we have reached an impasse,” Vicky said nonchalantly.
“What? This is nothing to do with me!” Katie cried.
Vicky started to pace the floor, stroking her chin thoughtfully.
“No, Katie Dibble, this has quite a bit to do with you,” Vicky said.
Katie growled.
“Meaning?!” she demanded.
Vicky swung around, pointing an accusing finger at Katie.
“That YOU, miss, are the true bad guy here!” she cried.
“WHAT?!” Katie screamed. “That's ABSURD!”
She lowered her head, staring daggers through Vicky, and growled like a wolf.
(Hours earlier)
Vicky groaned. Once again, Katie was blocking her locker with her body mass.
“Omg OUT!” Vicky cried.
Katie whipped around.
“Hay watch your mouth,” Katie cautioned her.
“Um no,” Vicky said. “You watch your body mass.”
Katie gasped.
“You wouldn't want that little secret about you and the Supul orb going public, would you?” Vicky threatened.
“Um newsflash,” Katie replied. “You were there in the basement with me. If you tell on me, you will be giving yourself away too, dumb one.”
“Grr,” Vicky said. “You're correct.”
She then waited 2 and a half hours to get to her locker.

“Katie annoys me,” Vicky growled to Sara in Noriega's class.
A few desks over, Maria, Conrad, and Logan straightened up in their desks. This had been the first they heard of Katie since the basement incident.
“Oh? So you're actually talking to me again?” Sara snapped.
“I'm graciously giving you a second chance!” Vicky said.
Sara smiled.
“Ok. Why does Katie annoy you?” Sara asked.
(Just as a sidenote, Maria and Sara had 50 hours of community service as punishment for their fight.)
“She always blocks my locker, and I think she does it on purpose. I was so tempted to tell the police about her Supul orb almost-theft, but that would have also given away me, you, and the pod,” Vicky whispered, just load enough so only Sara (and the pod, quite unintentionally) could hear.
“Um no offense but I really don't care about your problems,” Sara said, by way of getting revenge for what Vicky said to her over Christmas break.
“Oh my God,” Vicky said. “I knew our new friendship would not last! I hate you, Sara!”
“Um yeah I don't think that anyone really cares about what you think,” Sara said, shooting an instinctive glance over at the pod, who quickly pretended they weren't listening.

Vicky needed dirt.
So much dirt on Katie, she could blab on her to the cops, and she would be arrested, and out of Vicky's life forever.
Vicky froze.
Was she really going to stalk Katie for dirt just because their lockers were squeezed tightly together?
Well, of course! This is VICKY, remember??

Vicky decided to start by figuring out where her dorm was. To do that, she would stealthily follow Katie after she left her locker.
It couldn't fail!
The next day, Vicky found Katie at her locker, shockingly. She pretended to stand in line behind her, as usual, like she always did.
Katie shut her locker, growled at Vicky, and left.
A couple of feet away, Vicky silently followed, stealthy as a ninja fox.
Luckily, Katie had to stop at her dorm to feed her pet hermit crab. Unluckily, Katie closed and locked the door behind her.
“Curses! How am I going to do this?” Vicky thought.
The door opened. Vicky quickly hid on the other side of the door.
“Are you coming, Katie?” an unfamiliar voice from the other side of the door called.
“Just do! You can't be late for Spanish again! But leave the door open, I'm tired of entering the combination for the lock,” Katie's voice called from somewhere inside the dorm.
The girl hurried away.
Vicky peeked into the dorm. Katie wasn't in sight. Vicky quickly crawled inside, and hid underneath a bed close to the door.
Katie's feet hurried away, closing the door behind her.
Vicky had made it!
“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Vicky screamed at the top of her lungs.
She crawled out from under the bed.
“Hmm... I ponder which bed belongs to Katie,” Vicky muttered to herself.
After half an hour of searching through Katie's crap, Vicky came up empty-handed.
“Drat! A failed mission!” Vicky muttered.
She decided she was done being a creeper. She went to leave...
A lock was on the door.
“Oh geez,” Vicky gasped, stumbling back in complete shock.
She was trapped in Katie's dorm!
...
Whatever! She was going to get caught , so she might as well search as hard as possible for lots and lots of dirt.
Lots.
LOTS.
LOOOOOOOOOTS.
Eeeeehehe...
Vicky wrenched open a drawer she had already searched, this time emptying all of the contents onto the floor.
A piece of folded paper that she hadn't noticed before was in the back.
Vicky reached in, and pulled the letter out.
Wait a second... she recognized this letter! Hurriedly, she unfolded it, and quickly scanned the contents.
It slipped out from between he fingers, and fluttered to the ground.
It was the letter she wrote to Sonya, the one that had mysteriously went missing.
The letter about Clovervicky!
KATIE KNEW ABOUT CLOVERVICKY!!
Just as Vicky let out a loud, blood-curdling scream that shook the walls around her, Katie opened the door to the dorm, and let out a scream of her own.
“OMG!! @#%#$@^%$#@ CREEPER IN MY ROOM!” Katie wailed.
“Girl,” Vicky spoke furiously, barely above a whisper,” how DARE you disobey and intercept my mail!”
“Get out of my ROOM!” Katie demanded.
“Ssh!” Vicky said. “Someone will hear, and know we're skipping class!”
“I'M not skipping,” Katie said. “I'm just putting my hermit crabs back in their cage! I didn't know something LIFE CHANGING would happen along the way!”
“Just quiet down. We have a lot of things to discuss,” Vicky said.
Katie tentatively took a step into her dorm.
“Good puppy,” Vicky said.
“First order of business, what are you doing in my room?” Katie demanded.
“Oh, what does it LOOK like?? I'm getting dirt on you! Second order of business – what are you doing with this letter? MY letter! Do you know about Clovervicky??”
“That's orders 2 AND 3, btw. The answer to 2 – I found the letter on the ground. 3 – I know OF Clovervicky, but I don't know what it is. 4 – What is Clovervicky?”
“4 – not answering. Listen, this isn't working. We need to - “
“Wait!” Katie said. “CloverVICKY. Your name is Vicky...!”
“No,” Vicky whispered.
“Oh, wow! The Supul orb, you being in my room, Clovervicky, I have so much dirt on you, you is gonna plant CROPS!” Katie cried.
Vicky was silent.
“Um anyway,” Vicky said. “I don't even care. I have some dirt on you, too. The letter-stealing, the Supul orb, and the #@$#@ CLOVERVICKY!”
“What do you mean by that last one??” Katie demanded. She was getting her beastly growl back.
“I mean YOU are causing Clovervicky, whatever she may be! Now we're even!”
“WHAT are you TALKING ABOUT?!” Katie screamed.
“It would seem we have reached an impasse,” Vicky noted nonchalantly.
“Boqay! Whatever this Clovervicky thing is, I have nothing to do with it,” Katie cried.
Vicky paced the floor, stroking her chin thoughtfully.
“No, Miss Dibble, this has quite a bit to do with you.”
Katie growled furiously.
“MEANING?!” she roared.
Vicky swung around, pointing an accusing finger at Katie.
“That YOU are the true cause of this Clovervicky situation!” she screamed.
“WHAT?!” Katie cried. “That's ABSURD!”
She lowered her head, glaring horribly through Vicky. A wolf-like growl escaped her lips. In one step, she had reached Vicky.
“I have no idea what you are talking about,” Katie (so obviously) lied, “but I do know this; if you don't get out of my dorm this second, I will bite your face off.”
Vicky did leave, and fast. Through strange, animal eyes, Katie watched her retreat, holding back a primal growl.
“Wait!” Katie barked.
Vicky turned aorund.
“We'll make a treaty,” Katie said. “No one besides us will know of this meeting. Ever. Let's shake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment