Friday, July 17, 2009

Chapter 80 Britemiscope

Miley and the pod went into shocked silence.
“WHAT did I just hear you say, Maria?!” Vicky demanded again.
“Um... oh hay,” Maria lied nervously.
“Nooo,” Vicky shook her head. “I believe I heard something quite different.”
“Um... we brought you some p... presents. OPEN THEM!” Logan pointed at her bedside.
“I heard you refer to me as a 'fake friend'. That you just wanted to know why I was friends with Katie,” Vicky forged on. “Is this correct?”
“Left leg up, crap 3 times. Come on everyone, let's do it,” Conrad said, clapping.
“Is it correct??” Vicky demanded yet again.
“YES!” Miley screamed. The pod turned to face her. “YOU'RE BEING USED! THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE YOUR REAL FRIENDS, BOQAY?!”
“Well, THAAAANKS!” Maria screamed.
Vicky was silent for the longest of times. The only thing assuring she was still alive was the beeping monitor next to her bed.
“Get out,” Vicky finally broke the silence. “I never thought someone could disappoint me as much as Sara did when she betrayed me. But I was wrong. I never wanted to see your sad, sickly faces again. Get. Out.”
The 4 darted out of the room as fast as they could.
Inside, Vicky didn't feel anger. Just blank emptiness.
After a while of just floating there, she felt something moving around next to her bed.
She opened her eyes.
It was Katie.
“Oh, hi Vicky,” Katie smiled. Vicky noticed Katie was holding something – the cord to the IV machine.
“What...,” was all Vicky could say. She already felt drowsy.
“Shh, the nurses don't know I'm in here. And I can't have you giving me away!”
Vicky could feel sudden pressure on her head, as though something heavy had struck her.
But she couldn't feel the pain...

“All right then,” Katie said cheerfully. “Now that she's out of the way, time to move on. Hmm, I wonder what happens if I turned off this Britemiscope nozzle...!”

No comments:

Post a Comment